We were going to ride the bike route of the Tri I am doing next week to check it out but decided against it since the roads are pretty busy and it isn't all that safe. So, instead we drove the bike route, to check it out and become familiar. We also went to the lake where the swim is going to be to check it out. I am not as nervous as when I went to the lake of my first open water swim so I guess that is a good thing!
I got new bike shoes and pedals today. The whole clip in thing makes me nervous and I was having issues with my toes going numb on my other clip in shoes. I am going to try road vs mountain bike shoes this time and see if that helps. Also, these shoes are pink and super cute, so that has to help, right?
I went to Genghis tonight and had my last meal before the half marathon. I needed carbs for energy so I had 1/2 udon noodles. The bowl had more calories than usual but it is fuel for tomorrow so I figure that is a good thing.
I am off to bed now, hopefully I will get a good nights sleep so I have lots of energy in the morning :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment