Monday, April 11, 2011

Health Kwest Day 63 and 64

I was so exhausted after the Half Marathon yesterday I didn't post.
Yesterday was such an exhausting but rewarding day.  I started our pretty good.  My plan was to run 1 minute and walk 4 minutes.  The first 5 miles were 16 minute miles which is good for me.  Mile 6 and 7 were slower but still ok.  Mile 8 was for sure the toughest!  It took 25 minutes!  About mile 10 I was about ready to quit when a couple of girls walked past me. They were my saviors for sure!!  I just stayed with me and they brought me all the way to the finish line!  I even ran in the last part.  I beat my my time from last year at this time by 16 minutes!!  A PR and I am looking forward to more PR's the rest of this year.
I went to Genghis and grabbed a bowl to go and relaxed on my coach most of the afternoon/evening.  I had a beef fajita bowl without the tortillas, it was so yummy.
I was having really bad ankle pain yesterday, I could hardly walk, it was pretty funny looking back at it now.  I woke up this morning and my ankle was still pretty tight.  I went to my amazing chiropractor this morning, eldoradochiropractic.com, he adjusted my ankle and it is feeling so much better now!  I can walk with hardly any pain!!  I did an upper body workout today and made it to hiya tonight!  Looking forward to a swim in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment