This has been a crazy time and I haven't had a chance to update. Updating on what has been going on the last couple of days
Friday
Friday I picked up my race packet for my first tri of the season. Very exciting for tri season to start. I really love the sprint tri distance and I am looking forward to making improvements over last year!
Then I went and picked up Genghis to go for lunch. All of the staff at my Genghis is so awesome, I appreciate all of the support they always give me!
Friday night I hung out with some old friends, good times and lots of laughs.
Saturday I took my friends daughter to her volleyball game since both parents had other obligations. She did GREAT, she hit her serve over the net for the first time, it was very exciting and so cute to see how excited she was!! Then I went to see Soul Surfer which was such an amazing and inspirational movie. If you haven't seen it I can't recommend it enough!! After the movie I went to hang out with a friend and her kids for her daughters fifth birthday, it was so much fun.
Sunday was the day of the Tri. I was so chilly outside, I really need to plan better clothing options to wear before the tri starts when it is cold outside! Good news is the lake water was not as cold as I thought it was going to be. And that is about all that was good in the swim :-). I got passed by SO many waves of people and each time there were people hitting me and I was going under alot. I had a couple of panic attacks along the way, the worst I had to stop and hang on to a kayak for a couple minutes to get my composure. I could not have been happier when the swim was over. They bike was pretty good, a couple of tough hills, chilly, but I was happy with my time. The run route was really good and I was happy with my run time as well. After the tri I felt better than I have after any of my previous events, which lets me know I am getting in better shape! Had a great afternoon after the tri also. I just barely made it to grab a to go bowl before my location closed early for the evening.
Now we are to today! I really feel good about the workouts I did today. I am full on in brick training mode to get my legs ready for the run after the bike. I REALLY want to do well at my tri in 2 weeks so I am going to do as much as I can to get my body ready. This evening was hectic trying to fit everything in. I got in a good workout, then picked up Genghis to go. I ate really quick and then took a quick shower. I went to go see the new TKD school that my instructor is openening. I am so happy for him and can't wait to start taking classes at the new location!! Then I went to church to listen to Gary Keesee, what an AMAZING night! I am so, so excited about getting to listen to him again tomorrow night.
No comments:
Post a Comment